Monday, June 30, 2014
Saturday, June 28, 2014
The real 2011 election results -- Please share far and wide --
Imagine how it could look if we all use our voices on the 20th of September this year.
Enrol to vote here: http://bit.ly/1mupRw7
( non-fb link: http://imgur.com/w9qKWGM )
EDIT: Hey everyone - there has been some confusion and discussion about how this graph does not add up to the Electoral Commission results for the election. This is true - as those results only include registered voters who did not vote. This graph also takes into account those who are of voting age but did not register to vote - these figures are from Statistics New Zealand population estimates and figures from the general election that quoted:
"Of the estimated 3.3 million people eligible to vote, 93.7% were enrolled – one of the highest enrolment rates in the world (enrolment is compulsory in New Zealand)." Found here: http://www.parliament.nz/
NON VOTERS = Registered voters who did not vote + People of voting age who did not register to vote. Hope this clears up any confusion.
Friday, June 27, 2014
To all the people who think the oil and gas industry takes all the money offshore. This month I paid enough tax to keep 4 people on a benefit for a month. This is standard month in month out and I am only one worker amoung hundreds. So all you green party loving nimbys with all the facts and figures , F@#k off and have a cup of realitea
- Wells Tao ok I'm feeling the love. So am I getting the message clear that you are the munts that all enjoyed the time fruit of being on the dole, then got bored sould out and now wealthed up wana stop that rain for others in the ignorance that welfare still works like that, as if beneficaries are not a forced to be class, that the job market is generally for the most a recycling of opportnuties to be the working poor, heavily in debt.. for the foreseeable future.
- Six Onaboat my my dave... have far you have fallen from you idealistic youthfull years on the dole! or is it RAISED up? mind you if i was overpaid with all the time to f around online while on the job i'd probably turn colours and be a john key supporter too! yeah fuck the people who dream of a better world!
- Wells Tao as long as you, and your values get define what is that 'in and out". You know it has often been said, that if the volunteers of this country, just simply stopped. This place would be completely fucked in a week. You ever try looking after kids.. for free David, how long did you last?
- Stu Field Do u get free oil and gas ? , it was $14 the other day for a Litre .. Strewth .mind u cheaper than a engine replacement .. I could have given that 14 bux to 28 beggars (50 c is enough for a phonecall , plenty of jobs on oil rigs ) and then that's 112 people sorted on the ub40 .. That belt / wallet arrive yet ?
- Six Onaboat oh, mean dave.. you know my self worth is measured by my individual taxable income! self esteem been at an all time low this last decade, reminds me of times sitting in the snow off piste with you, inhaling the natural splender feeling just miserable about ourselves because of inability to contribute to the economy! Actually Flecther Bourke was there, Blainy, Todd Banks too. All feeling miserable! Not Flax though, he's been paying income tax fom his pre teens.. sucker.
- Wells Tao yeah David, the tax payers called and he wants you to pay for your youth. Oh you are you say, well not enough! How about waking up smelling that bacon, and recognizing that how good you had it is not anywhere in existence now, for those few that dare to take the money for themselves in the first place. In those early years we were just getting a sense of how everything was set to change, that public wealth, public generosity was about to get sould out. Well it is true, that is the name of the game that's being whistled on mass since we were at Boy's High. The game has only gotten tighter, you know that. If we wana stay alive (i.e rip off the machine that is ripping us all) we can still be radical subversives in the sense that we value our selves by fucking it all up, and being damn generous ! Man do you feel it brother - Join us commies in fucking it up!!
- Dibid Babid jeeze dude, how good I had it ? I had a student loan, got edgemecated, but still spent a decade working menial jobs from slaughterhouses to stacking bricks on pallets to pay my way, just because now I'm working for better wages dosnt mean ive sold out. Time immortal there has been haves and have nots in this world, its just that now there are 7 billion and the stakes are higher than ever because of it.
- Wells Tao I hear ya brother, shit aint easy, never was never will be, but there are moments of respite, good times with good people. Unemployed beneficiary is no more or no worse a person that you or me ever was. So I don't see why they should be the vessel that you or I should poor our distaste for the way things are. Let us not be lead by the ring in our noses, like some noble powerful beast, made a cripple by a simple golden ring.
- Six Onaboat Golden ring... love it! I should be sanding my time machine so like a lazy disgruntalled citizen i'll let the reactivist's fight for my childrens freedom to be! But funny to note, that although we may think we fall far from our tree, its bloody hard to roll up the neighbouring hill! Some of us are born on the conservative hill, some of us born on a liberalist's hill. All stuck in the same capitalist's ranges?
- Wells Tao Oh my mistake, I totally took you for a righteous bene basher by the tone of your original post. The way you equated your tax to the paying of four benefits for a month. The idea that in the big picture, your tax plays a significant part in offsetting the 29 odd million we (NZ) are borrowing a day to fund, say welfare at less that %4 of GDP. With 20 million said to being ripped off the benefit, and the 6 Billion missing from Corporate taxes... does that meat affect your flavour? http://yournz.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/tax-dodging.jpg
- Wells Tao Don't mind me, I've sold out long ago, I just do this from my years of hard core training in the commie universities of NZ in the 90's. It's like some kind of intellectual back wash reflex. Kind of embarrassing. But I try to just let it be and not take it too seriously.