Criptic Critic Conscience and Known for it

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Little plant

Sometimes I feel like a little plant
all delicate and vulnerable to the elements
Oh the wind, the rain on my leaves,
Ah my leaf is going to fall off
oh no
how will I survive
My fruit is here, hold on to my fruit
don’t lose it yet, we’re not ready!

My little struggle to survive to
grow and exist on this planet
is like a plants, tenuous grip of
roots to the surface of this fall
I hold on while letting go
to grab what may fall in front of me
like a monkey swinging from tree
to tree, each step may be the last
a miss, a disaster

this little plant that’s me
lost in the woods
lost in the space of me
times his run with memories
of surviving and laughing
at the wind and the rain
holding on to each leaf for as long
as one can, then dropping into death
parts of me, watch parts of you too, drop

No comments:

Post a Comment