Criptic Critic Conscience and Known for it

Friday, October 14, 2016

In 1997 I was groomed for a position on Wall St. thanks to a family connection.

In 1997 I was groomed for a position on Wall St. thanks to a family connection. I never made it to that first day, instead sitting in my suit writing a post card to my brother, I became aware of something that I still do today. That is this business of holding a position, with and in my mind. 

This holding together of a perspective I have of what is going on around me and my desire to share that perspective has taken all my time and energy. This use to be a kind of disappointing surprise, as it wasn’t a job, or a career or anything tangible like that. But I see it now and value it more than ever.

I am the unemployed artist. Critiquing the employed artists. Openly attempting to negotiate his own contract into employment. Watch me.


LikeShow more reactions
Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment